Privacy & Cookies
Any personal data or sensitive personal data provided by you to us will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of meeting the legitimate interests of Love Loch Lomond.
Why we require your information
- Love Loch Lomond provides a variety of online offerings, including information about Love Loch Lomond products and services, business information and publicity. Love Loch Lomond collects personally identifiable information when you register with us and when you use our services. We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide goods or services you have enquired about or asked us to provide or to respond to your request for information. You do not need to provide us with personal data simply to browse our site.
- Love Loch Lomond use this information to customise the content you see on our pages, to fulfil your request for certain products and services, to communicate with you generally and to contact you about special offers, promotions or new events and services.
What information do we collect?
We will collect information from you in the following circumstances:
- Registration - Some areas of our website require you to be registered with us prior to access being made available to a particular area of the website or to obtain certain services. Our registration process involves providing us with your name, address, telephone and fax number and email address
- Promotions and events - Personal data is required to keep you informed of developments including new (or existing) activities, guidance services and facilities, promotions. Where we offer on-line registration in particular cases, we will require to obtain certain information about you such as contact details.
- Subscriptions and newsletters - Users of our website can register for a number of email newsletters and news updates. This service is entirely optional and you may unsubscribe at any time
- Contest and surveys - From time to time we may offer users the option of participating in contests or surveys. Participation is entirely optional. Any information you provide during the course of a contest or survey is used by us to conduct research, improve our facilities and services or award prizes. Additional terms and conditions may apply to contests which will be notified to prospective applicants.
- Discussion forums - Some users of our website are offered the opportunity of participating in discussion forums and posting news, comments and other content to message boards. These services enable users to interact easily with our staff and other visitors to the site about Love Loch Lomond and its products and services. The discussion forums and message boards are not private forms of communication, and therefore any information which is posted on them can be accessed by the general public.
- Use of web beacons - Love Loch Lomond web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons - sometimes called “single-pixel gifs” - which allows Love Loch Lomond to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information on the Love Loch Lomond website. They are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about Love Loch Lomond website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies. If you turn off cookies, web beacon technologies will still detect anonymous visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other anonymous cookie information and are disregarded.
- Website usage data - With or without cookies, our website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that the page request is coming from (your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL (for example search criteria). We use this data to better understand website usage so we know what areas of our website users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting but is not attributed to you as an individual.
- Security - We recognise industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect information from unauthorised access and misuse. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request. Furthermore, whenever you transmit sensitive information, such as billing or credit card information to us through our website, we provide you access to our secure server that allows encryption across the internet. This is done to help protect you from unauthorised use of the information you are sending to our server.
- User Submissions - Please do not post confidential or proprietary information to our website. Any material, information or any other communication you transmit or post to our website (other than your personal information) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, unless we are advised to the contrary and we will have no liability for it. Love Loch Lomond and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the communications in all data, images, sound, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. Users of our website are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate any law.
What information do we share?
There are times when we are required to share the information we learn from you with other parties. We do not sell or rent this information to others but will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people in the following situations:-
- Compliance with law - We will release personal information where we are required to by law or by the regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which we are subject. We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Consent - Other than in the above situations you will receive notice from us when your personal information might go to third parties and you will have the opportunity to decide not to share that information.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. Contact us using our contact form for further details.