Privacy & Cookies
Any personal data or sensitive personal data provided by you to us will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of meeting the legitimate interests of Love Loch Lomond. The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will replace the 1998 act from 25 May 2018 onwards.
Why we collect your information
- Business membership - Love Loch Lomond collects a variety of information from tourism and hospitality businesses which choose to enter into a membership agreement with the organisation to create relevant business listings featuring the destination's accommodation, tours, activities and food and drink to website visitors; and to present their products and services on this website to potential visitors and customers.
- Love Loch Lomond provides a variety of online offerings, including information about Love Loch Lomond products and services, business information and from time to time, promotions and competitions to website visitors and consumers.
- Love Loch Lomond collects personally identifiable information when users register with us and when they use our services. We ask for personal data only when it is needed to provide goods or services users have enquired about or asked us to provide or to respond to their requests for information. Visitors to the website do not need to provide Love Loch Lomond with personal data simply to browse our site.
- Love Loch Lomond use this information to customise the content you see on our pages, to fulfil your request for certain products and services, to communicate with you generally and to contact you about special offers, promotions or new events and services.
- Newsletter subscriptions for occasional offers, promotions, news on products and services and competitions - visitors can subscribe or unsubscribe at any time.
What information do we collect?
We will collect information from you in the following circumstances:
- Registration for business membership - Some areas of our website require you to be registered with us prior to access being made available to a particular area of the website or to obtain certain services. Our registration process involves providing us with your name, address, telephone and fax number and email address
- Promotions and events - Personal data is required to keep you informed of developments including new (or existing) activities, guidance services and facilities, promotions. Where we offer on-line registration in particular cases, we will require to obtain certain information about you such as contact details.
- Subscriptions and newsletters - Users of our website can register for a number of email newsletters and news updates. This service is entirely optional and you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Contest and surveys - From time to time we may offer users the option of participating in contests or surveys. Participation is entirely optional. Any information you provide during the course of a contest or survey is used by us to conduct research, improve our facilities and services or award prizes. Additional terms and conditions may apply to contests which will be notified to prospective applicants.
- Use of web beacons - Love Loch Lomond web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons - sometimes called “single-pixel gifs” - which allows Love Loch Lomond to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information on the Love Loch Lomond website. They are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about Love Loch Lomond website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies. If you turn off cookies, web beacon technologies will still detect anonymous visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other anonymous cookie information and are disregarded.
- Website usage data - With or without cookies, our website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that the page request is coming from (your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL (for example search criteria). We use this data to better understand website usage so we know what areas of our website users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting but is not attributed to you as an individual.
- Security - We recognise industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect information from unauthorised access and misuse. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request. Furthermore, whenever you transmit sensitive information, such as billing or credit card information to us through our website, we provide you access to our secure server that allows encryption across the internet. This is done to help protect you from unauthorised use of the information you are sending to our server.
- User Submissions - Please do not post confidential or proprietary information to our website. Any material, information or any other communication you transmit or post to our website (other than your personal information) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, unless we are advised to the contrary and we will have no liability for it. Love Loch Lomond and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the communications in all data, images, sound, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. Users of our website are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate any law.
What information do we share?
There are times when we are required to share the information we learn from you with other parties. We do not trade, sell or rent this information to others but may send generic aggregated demographic information about users to other organisations or people in the following situations:-
- Compliance with law - We will release personal information where we are required to by law or by the regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which we are subject. We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Reporting/Auditing Purposes - We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and business members with our trusted industry partners or funders for reporting purposes only, such as website analytics, numbers of newsletter sign-ups, downloads from the website.
- Third Party Services -We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys or promoting business events. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this policy, the use of your personal data, or you have any concerns about the practices of our websites, or you wish us to remove your personal details from our database, please email us: email@example.com. Registered email newsletter subscribers can unsubscribe at any time.
Third Party Websites
Users may find information or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our industry partners, registered business members and suppliers, funders and other relevant third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Should you have any concerns or questions regarding the information that we hold from you, or if you wish us to correct any inaccuracies in your information please don't hesitate to contact us for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org