Friday, October 6th 2017 - Tuesday, October 10th 2017
Cove Art Festival 2017
08:00 - 17:00
A new carnival of arts and music is coming to the Rosneath Peninsula in October. Cove Carnival will see five days of events ranging from a performance by Scottish Opera to a celebration of the fine architecture of the area. Sponsored by Garelochhead Coaches, the events are being organised by Rosneath Peninsula West Community Development Trust and will be in Cove Burgh Hall unless otherwise stated. Events will include:
- A performance by the Peninsula Ukulele Band at Rosneath and Kilcreggan primary schools
- McGinn Dinner – a celebration of Scottish folksinger Matt McGinn
- The Burgh Hall will host a children’s film show
- Brass Monkeys Big Dance
- Allander Jazz will perform a lunchtime show
- Francis Cadell’s painting of Cove Pier will be on display, in the Cove Sailing Club with a talk about this classic work by a Scottish colourist, depicting a steamer on Loch Long.
- Catherine Wheels Theatre will be staging a children’s show ‘The Little Gentleman’
- A celebration of the 200th anniversary of the birth of the architect Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, who designed several historic buildings on the peninsula
Finally the Festival is brought to a close with a reception at Knockderry House, followed by a performance by Scottish Opera in the Burgh Hall.
For more information please visit here.BACK